Monday, June 23, 2014

Media Monday

Netflix binging generally happens on the weekend for me. I'm not much of a television watcher, but I do read a lot and I listen to music, AND I can Internet like you've never seen. I'm going to use this spot on Mondays to give updates on these things.



First up! Orange Is the New Black.  I actually finished binging season 2 back on the 9th, but so many of my friends weren't caught up yet that I couldn't talk about it. Do you know how hard it is to not be able to talk about these things???   Fair warning, if you haven't finished both seasons of the show, you probably shouldn't read the next paragraph. Spoiler tags are for fancier bloggers. 

Obviously, to start with, Vee was just the WORST wasn't she? Between her seducing her foster son and her causing chaos with my favorite prisoners in Litchfield, I was so happy that the final scene of the season was her death. Bye Vee, you weren't welcome here anyway! 
I really enjoyed this season, but not as much as season 1. There was more character development for sure, and I liked that. Season 1 had me and my daughter sobbing in our living room with Tricia's death, and I just didn't find that kind of emotional investment in this season. I read that they're already starting to film season 3, so hopefully it takes what worked from the first two seasons and combines them for one awesome 13-hour chunk of my life.
Things that stood out to me:

  • Larry and Polly are obnoxious and I hate them.
  • I'm so glad Fig is gone.
  • I just don't care about Piper and Alex. They should both get out of prison and disappear. 
  • I thought Lorna was going to commit suicide in Christopher's bathtub and I was so nervous. She's as crazy as they come and I love her shocking backstory.
  • I did not expect Rosa to be so awesome. I'm sad that she won't be around next year.  


Does anyone else watch Catfish? It's something we DVR and then Mike and I watch an episode every now and then while we joke about how we catfished each other (we did initially meet online)... and then we talk about how certain we are that Neve and Max are more than friends. During the last episode we watched, there was a commercial for the show in which Neve is doing yoga in a towel and they're joking about how it's "not helping the rumors", so I guess they know. 
The show always leaves me feeling a little bit uncomfortable, but I can't stop watching it. I don't understand why so many people fail to Google the person they're talking to, ESPECIALLY when they are sending them money. I also don't understand how so many people feel okay with just lying. Not even little lies, flat out lying about who they are and how they feel. If you like the anonymity of the Internet there are plenty of places to do that, why would you go on Facebook or whatever and just toy with another person's emotions and trust? Ugh. I guess I just won't ever understand the people who "catfish" others. 

Anyway, that's all for this post... What are you watching? If you watch OITNB or Catfish, what do you think of the new seasons? 

No comments:

Post a Comment